Thursday, November 29, 2012

My new Toy!

For a long time I have wanted a new camera, but just didnt have the real push to get one.
I have had my little digital camera for 4 years when I went on my study abroad.
It has been a great convenient camera, but I wanted a nice one that takes fast, clear pictures.
Especially now that we are having a baby. Plus Ben and Rice are impossible to take pictures of because Ben will only smile for like 2 seconds and Rice will only look at you for 1!
So I needed a point and shoot that didnt have delays.
So for my Christmas present from my parents,they told me to get a camera.
How could I say no to that!!!
My sis in law Jen and mother in law helped me camera shop over Thanksgiving break.
I didnt really want a huge professional camera becuase I just didnt want to drag it around.
So finding a smaller camera that had the same kind of quality seemed rare.
But while we were looking Jen found my perfect camera!
 
 
Its a Sony Alpha Nex 5n.
It looks like a digital only bigger and the lense doesnt go inside the camera.
It has so many different settings and the response time is super super fast!
So now I can actually get pictures of Ben and Rice looking at me.
And I plan on taking thousands of pictures of Lily!
I still have yet to read the maual and figure out all the cool settings because
its like a foreign language to me...but if I can put together Lily's dresser(which was hell on earth)
 I can figure out how to use my high tech camera!
At first I didnt want to take it out of the box until Christmas...but I couldnt help myself and
just wanted to start playing with it. Plus I want it ready for when Lily comes.
My neice Lena was a great help and modeled wonderfully for me!
 

 

I didnt think to clean up her slobbery face...
but she is still SO CUTE!!!!!!!!
 
 

Sisters
 
These were mosty auto...but I was able to play with some settings.
I am excited to play with it some more and become a pro!
Dont worry...I am not planning on starting a mormon mom photography buisness!!!! LOL
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

Jen R. said...

Yay! Ps I just saw a commercial on tv for your camera.

Roseanne said...

That's the one I was telling you about in October. That's the one we got for Christmas too :) I can't wait to play around with it! We are waiting till Christmas though. I think that's smart of you to start practicing so when Lilly comes you'll be all set! :) You'll have to teach me the tricks!