Monday, April 9, 2012

IVF is not for sissys!

IVF is hard!
Its hard on your body and your mind!
Especially your mind!
There are so many mind games
So many ups and down
Its just HARD!
Thursday and Friday I was in the best of moods. My spirit was high
We had 16 embryos!
Then Saturday came and my body decided it didnt like me
I hurt from head to toe and couldnt even move off the couch.
Then Yesterday we found out we were down to 12 embryos.
I was a little discouraged that 4 didnt make it.
Today I found out that 6 stopped progressing.
So we are down to 6 embryos
6 out of our original 16
I know this is normal and my Dr reassured me that
it's very normal to have a lot of the embryos not progress
but my heart still aches.
Im just scared that even more will die by tomorrow.
I also really want some to freeze just in case this first go doesnt work.
Transfer is still set for tomorrow and I just hope these little guys make it.
I have been through so much and my little heart cant handle any more hurt!
I had so many nightmares last night and I have shed a lot of tears today!
Trying to put on my brave face and just make it through the work day!
Prayers for my Embies!



2 comments:

bran said...

You're right, it is hard :( Harder than most people can even imagine. I'm so sorry that some of your embies didn't make it, but lots of prayers that the remaining six are strong and healthy. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, hoping that everything goes smooth. Hang in there dear!

Amanda Jeffs said...

I'm sorry! I've been thinking about you and hope everything goes well for you. Hang in there!