Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Dumpster Diving Dad

This is my story about finding out I was PREGNANT!
(It still seems so unreal!)

Ok so lets go back to Sunday night
I was feeling pretty horrible thinking that the IVF did not work.
I had no symptoms and just did not feel like I was pregnant and I was losing hope.
I kind of had a little melt down.
Ben and my mom tried to comfort me but I just kept crying.
My body has been full of so many hormones so I allow myslef to cry
especially when going through IVF.
So Monday morning I was talking to Ben about how I just did not feel
like it worked and he said maybe I should just soften the blow and take a pregnancy test instead of waiting for my bloodtest on Wednesday.
So I go in the bathroom and take a pregnacy test and sure enough only one line showed up. My stomach dropped. I watched the test for a few minutes to see if a 2nd line appeared but it didnt.
So I threw it away and went into our bedroom to tell Ben.
I started crying and he just held me and tried to comfort
me for about 20 minutes. Then he had to go get ready for school.
I tried to calm myself down so I could get ready for work.
I sat up in Bed and just PRAYED that it was wrong and I really was pregnant.
Right when I finished my prayer Ben came in the room
and was like
"Does it matter that there is a faint 2nd line!"
MY HEART LITERALLY STOPPED!
I ran into the bathroom and sure enough there was a faint 2nd line.
I literally jumped in Bens arm.
He said he just felt like he should double check the test so he
dug through the trash to find it.
He's my Hero!
So I ran to show my mom and she grabbed
her magnifying glass to take a better look. 
The line was definitly there! 
I went to work feeling extra giddy and happy.
When I got home for lunch I took 3 more pregnancy tests including a digital and
I was definitly pregnant. The + signs were defintily there!
Im so thankful that my mom was here to celebrate w/ us.
She was so cute and went and bought a bunch of baby stuff and decorated my kitchen table.
I have taken a test every morning now because its just so fun seeing a possitive for once on a test!
I have been waiting for this for almost 2 years!
I had my official blood test done today and I acted super
excited when my nurse told me I was pregnant.
(I didnt want to tell her I cheated and tested early!)
We are feeling very blessed right now!


I went a little crazy
(the lines didnt show up as good on the picture)


Loud and clear!

Mommy and Ben suprised me w/ this when I came home from work

When I was little I would tell my mom I was going to name my first baby girl
Pretty Heart Rainbow





7 comments:

Rebecca said...

SO EXCITING!!! So do you know if it's twins yet?

BKromney said...

No I wont know until they do an ultrasound

Sarah said...

YAY YAY YAY YAY YAYA!!!!!!!! I've been thinking about you tons and wondering. Congrats! Let me know if you need ANYthing!

Josh and Bran said...

So glad you posted pics of the tests! I love seeing those two lines and the word PREGNANT! :D Also, I teared up a bit at the "Pretty Heart Rainbow" lol. Were you a fan of My Little Ponies?!?! Too cute.

The Romneys said...

Kalie, I am so happy for you!!! I think it's so cute that Ben dug through the trash to double check. :)

Sarah said...

Kalie!!!!! That is super-duper exciting. How wonderful. I can only imagine how excited and happy you must be. Congrats! Can't wait to hear more news.

*Alyssa* said...

Oh My Gosh! Congrats Kalie!!!! I am so excited for you and Ben! YOu have been trying for so long! This is fantastic! :)