Friday, March 30, 2012

Holy Follicles!

I went to my appointment today to see how many follicles I have in my ovaries.
(A mature follicle holds the egg)
Well we definitly do not have to worry about not getting eggs
I have 27 follilces!
14 in each ovary.
Now just because I have 27 folliclse does not mean that I will actually get
27 eggs during my retrival next week. Some follicles might not mature to release an egg.
And some of the eggs might not get fertalized or grow into an embryo.
So dont worry...I doubt I will actually have 27 embryos!
I do hope we get several embryos so that we can freeze them to use later.
IF I DONT get pregnant on my first go than we can use the frozen embryos and just keep
going until I get pregnant, or run out of embryos.
 If we DO get pregnant on the first go than the frozen embryos will hopefully result in sibling children.
Its funny because Ben and I will never just say
"lets start trying for a baby #2 3, 4"
We will just be like "ok lets call the Doc and unfreeze those lil ones"
I am feeling very hopeful that somehow I will get pregnant within this batch of eggs!
FINGERS OH SO VERY CROSSED!
This is what my ovaries look like right now
I am feeling very bloated and fat and sore.
But all is good:)

5 comments:

Brad and Jaclyn said...

YAY!!!! I hope it works Kalie!!! So excited and keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!

BKromney said...

Thanks Jaclyn!:)

Alycia Joy said...

yay!!! that's great news!!!!
so excited for you!!!!!!

Sarah said...

holy moly. Just call you Ma Dugger ;) No, really. That's so exciting!

bran said...

WOW!!!! Look at those follies :) I'm getting so giddy for you guys! I'm sure you're ready to get these bad boys out lol.