Monday, March 19, 2012

Moving right along

I am suprised at how fast this IVF procedure is going. Tomorrow I finish the first stage of getting my body ready. The daily shots are not really that bad, its more the anticipation of doing it, however it does sting for a few minutes. I will have about 4 appointments within the next 2 weeks and then approximitly on April 6th I will have my egg retrival and then on April 11(my birthday) we will transfer (hopefully) 2 good embryos! Then I wait 8 days and hope that those 2 lil guys decided to stick around!
I have mixed emotions about everything. Im excited that we are doing this procedure because the success rates are so much better than anything I have done before, but my heart is trying to prepare myslef for it not working. I have to allow myslef to think that its ok that I have doubts and not feel guilty about it. Its hard when you have been dissapointed so many times, so you naturally have your guard up. But we are pressing on and Im excited/nervous/hopeful for the outcome!



                                             This is what they do to my follicles!;)

2 comments:

Alycia Joy said...

good luck hon! my thoughts and prayers are with you!!!

BKromney said...

Thank you!