Saturday, September 7, 2013

Jesse's Homecoming

As most of you know, my little (not so little) brother came home on Sept 4th from his
2 year mission in South Africa. We were all so giddy and excited to welcome him home back to the states.
Ben couldnt come out because he is in his last semester of law school and couldnt miss classes, so Lily and I flew to Denver to join the rest of my family.
Once we were all reunited we went to the international gate and anxiously waited for his plane to land.
It seemed like an eternity and I swear he was the last one to come out of customs.





Jesse drew that picture for his senior art class, it was like he knew he was
going to Africa

And here he is!




Lily never has stranger danger, but I think she got scared
because he ran to her and startled her.
But then she got used to him
Brothers!!!

Lily has been making so many cute faces lately. She squinches up her nose

Holes in his shoes
Saying goodbye to his companion
We were all starving so we ate Chinese food at the airport.
Lily was having a hay day with the noodles. 
(dont worry, I took the noodles out of her mouth immediately. 


Lily was so pooped after all the excitement and was so happy to be back in her carseat 
so she could fall asleep.

It was such a fun night hearing all of Jesse's amazing, funny, crazy, scary African adventures and learning 
about the wonderful people he grew to love who loved him back. 
I know he made a huge impact in their life and I am so proud of him!




No comments: