Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Letting Go

Dear Darling Little Lily,
          Your sleeping right next to me, as calm as ever. Your hands are curled and your monkey blanket is cuddled right to your face.You look like a little doll that's off in dreamland. You don't know this yet but tomorrow night I am going to put you in your own crib, in your own room. Break my heart!!! I have loved having you sleep next to me for 5 months. Your like my little cuddly teddy bear. I didn't originally have you sleep with me. You did just fine in your pack n play by our bed. But when you were so little and you woke up to eat, you would fall asleep in my arms and I just couldn't let you go. So slowly but surely you kicked daddy out of the bed and onto the floor. Daddy didn't mind...he likes his Japanese floor mat! I know, weird!:)
         You were and are such a fun little sleeping companion. I love holding your little hands and waking up in the morning with you and being greeted with lots of smiles and giggles. But its time for me to make that step and let you have some independence. As much as I would like you to sleep with me forever, Daddy needs his bed back, and we cant have a teenage girl still sleeping with us. Even though Uncle Jesse slept with Nana and Grandpa until he was like 10. (he is the exception!) (ocd plus night terrors is just not a good match for sleeping!)
        I have a feeling you will do just fine in your own crib because you pretty much do just fine with everything. Your still the easiest baby on the block! So tonight I am going to hold your  hand a little tighter and snuggle you a little longer, because tomorrow night I'm letting go. But don't worry, your always welcome in my bed to cuddle and I'm sure you will still have nights of sleeping with mommy and daddy. So sleep tight my wee one, for tomorrow we cry!:)
 
 
 

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

Oh! You're so good at describing this time. Little Lily is going to love reading this forever! Love and miss you!