Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Got Milk Numero 2

Ok once again...this is a post dedicated to that of breast feeding and my wondrous milk makers, so if you really don't care about hearing my updates on all things milk, this is a post you can skip!;)

Lily will be 6 months in 2 weeks and my boobs are still just as full as they were when she was 2 weeks! Everyone told me that the milk would die down a little as she got older. Well its just not happening! Every morning I wake up with can-elopes for boobs. I start nursing Lily and this is what happens!...see pic bellow. (imagine it milk though)

.
This is not an exaggeration and for those of you who have seen this phenomenon
(Jen and Aubrey) you know I'm not lying! 
And while Lily is nursing, she finds it very funny to stop in the middle and let herself get
showered with milk. She just laughs. I really think she does it on purpose just to torment me!
Even after she nurses, they are still full so sometimes I just have to go pump to get
the excess out. And usually I can pump 5 ounces on just one side.
 
Then usually within an hour I can feel that numbing sensation and I know that the shower has
started again! I don't know what I would do without nursing pads! They are my life savor.  
Lily doesn't like bottles and I realized its because she hates having to suck. She is so used to milk just pouring into her mouth. So I took a bottle and literally stabbed holes all over the nipple so that the milk would flow out faster and it totally did the trick!
(I forgot to mention that a lot of times I pump milk before I actually feed her so that its not such a rush, but even when I do that, it still sprays, just not as much.)
 
I swear my body was meant for twins. Feeding them would be a synch!
 
 
This is me to a T!:)
 
 So maybe my body cant produce an egg each month, but it sure knows how to produce milk!

 
 
If only they worked together as a team!!!;)
 
Well, that's all I have to say about that! HOpe you enjoyed the illustrations!!!


5 comments:

Amanda Jeffs said...

Kalie, you crack me up!

Jen R. said...

Hayaha I love the line abouthowyou might not be able to produce an egg.... So funny. I miss you already. We need to start planning your trip! Next spring or summer maybe?

Rebecca said...

All I can say is that I SOOOOOO wish I had this problem while I was nursing my twins. Well, any of my children for that matter. LUCKY girl (both of you!)

BKromney said...

Jen, I am thinking a Spring trip would be perfect!

Teea Lamb said...

You are so lucky! I have to work SO hard to keep my supply up and it still doesn't do the trick. I have to supplement her with formula. Too bad you can't pass some of that to me so we can both just even out. :)