Monday, October 7, 2013

Our Emby Babies.

Lily is 9 months old and I am far from being baby hungry. Lily still seems little to me and I feel so 
happy with just her right now. But with that said, I am starting to think of our Emby Babies and when we want to start  the process of getting ready to do our FET (Frozen Embryo Transfer) 
I have always wanted to have my kids close in age. Me and my brothers are only 21 months apart and I loved growing up so close. I don't want to have a big gap between the kids unless that's the way
it just ends up because of infertility. 
I have not had a period so I don't know if that's because I'm still breastfeeding or if my body is crap and still cant produce eggs unless I poke myself with needles for 2 months. Either way
it doesn't really matter because when Ben and I decide it's time to try for another baby, all I have to do is
call my clinic and start on the meds to get my uterine lining all warm and welcoming for our little embryos.   
With a fresh IVF cycle you have to take lots of medicine to get plenty of eggs ready and then the doctor takes them all out and puts them in a petri dish. They are then fertilized and turn into embryos. 
After the whole process we had five embryos. Two were transferred into my uterus and 3 were frozen.
The FET process is a lot more simple than a fresh IVF cycle because most the work is already done. Ben 
wont have to do anything. I dont have to take as many shots and there are way less Dr appointments. 
The only thing that scares me is we wont know if your embryos are going to survive the thaw until the day 
we actually do it. The chances are two out of three embryos will survive. 
So we will hopefully transfer two and get two babies. 
I think I could handle twins. But I would be perfectly happy with another singleton! 
There is also the chance that I wont get pregnant but we wont think about that. 
If that does happen I think we would wait a few more months and see if anything happens on its own. 
If I dont get pregnant within 6 months we would most likely do another fresh IVF cycle. We would 
just have to start saving the $$$$. 
However I feel pretty good about getting pregnant with the FET cycle. Our embryos were
all in really good shape when we froze them so I don't see why I wouldn't get pregnant again. 
Yay for optimism!
Now when do we do the FET???? 
Lily will turn a year at the end of December and my fertility Dr said its best to wait a few months
after breastfeeding to start the meds for the transfer. They want your body to be out of the cycle of 
breastfeeding for  awhile. So if I wean Lily in January, we would be ready for a transfer in April. 
But I don't want to do another transfer in April because then Lily and the baby/babies would have close to the same birthday. 
I dont wantany more birthdays in December especially so close to Christmas. If we did end of May or June transfer the baby would be born in February and I think that would be perfect age difference. Lily would be just a little over two. They would also be 2 school grades apart and I think thats ideal.
But I also have to take into consideration the fact that I dont know where we will be in May or June. 
We might still be here in Topeka or we might be on the East coast. We just might not be ready to do another transfer yet. But I know that sometime in the year 2014 I will be transferring my Emby Babies. 
They need to get out of the freezer sometime!:)
I love being pregnant and I will be excited about experiencing it again!
I am also excited about growing our family. I love being a mom and its the happiest I have ever been!
I cant wait for a bunch of rugrats running around our house!

2 comments:

Amanda Jeffs said...

good luck with everything! what if we were pregnant at the same time again?! that would be fun!

BKromney said...

That would be fun! With boys though!:)