Friday, April 12, 2013

IVF Day

On April 10 we celebrated IVF Day.
It was exactly one year ago since we transferred our embryos.
The whole IVF process was very exciting but the day of the transfer I was so sick.
My mom was with me because Ben had school and couldn't miss.
We had spent the previous night in Kansas City so that we didnt have to drive far in the morning.
When I woke up I was feeling so sick. My stomach hurt so bad and I felt like
I was going to throw up.
We got to the clinic and I was anxious to see how many embryos we had to work with.
The doctor explained that we had 5 and that we were going to transfer the 2 that had made the
most progress. I was so excited that we had 5. As he was explaining this to me
my stomach just couldn't handle it anymore and I threw up all over his office.
OMG!
The poor guy was just sitting there with puke all over his floor.
The nurses came in with some water and one cracker, even though I wasn't supposed to eat anything.
They were so nice to me.
He told me that it would probably be ok if we transferred them the next day
but I didn't want to take my chances and told him I wanted to do it today.
So they got me ready, took me to the back room, showed me the embryos on the computer
and within 1 minute they were inside of me.
IT was the easiest thing ever.
My mom and I then went to a motel where I was on strict bed rest.
I slept for hours and then watched movies with my mom all night.
I was actually very relaxed and wasn't worried about whether this had worked or not.
The next day was my birthday and I got a phone call from my Dr telling me that the other
3 embryos had made it to freeze. I was so excited.
We drove back to Topeka where I continued to be on bed rest.
The following 5 days were somewhat relaxing but I was still anxious about whether or not I
was pregnant.
But we all know how that turned out!
I am so thankful for Lily. She is such a blessing in our lives and she is my best little friend.
Thank goodness for the power of prayer...and a little bit of science!:)
 
 
 


No comments: