Monday, February 13, 2012

A very special Valentines Day memory

Valentines Day was never an exciting time growing up. I had expectations that the boy I had a crush on at the time would do something cute for me, or that I would have a secret admirer who would leave a note on my locker. Nothing like that ever happened. I had lots of friends though who would get me cards or candy so that was always nice. But I always wanted a Valentine from a boy. I didnt ever have a serious boyfriend in high school, and the few guys that I casually dated were usually long gone by V-Day. But I still dressed in pink and put a smile on my face as I watched my friends get balloons from there boyfriends. (I really wasnt as pathedic as I make myself out to be) LOL.

Fast Forward to Feb 2009. I was living in London with 40 girls and my 5 besties. There were no boys and no expectations on Valentines Day.  We had a WW2 themed party so we all dressed in vintage clothes and ate chocolate and had a dance party in the kitchen. It was the one of the funnest nights I have ever had. Lana and I went to Pizza Hut and wanted to get a heart shapped pizza to share but they were really expensive. So we just got the normal kind. We totally looked like Lesbos because we were all dressed up and alone around all these couples. We had some good laughs while flirting and taking pictures with each other. It was the first Valentines day where I just didnt care that there was not a boy in the picture. I was 18 and having the time of my life in a beautiful city. I had no idea that this was the last Valentines Day I would spend being single. I could not have asked for anything better!



                                                               Operation V-Day




We all got roses from our professors


                                                                    Me and Mishon

Love Birds!

Once again I just have to end off by saying that my Study Abroad in England was one of the
most excitng, life changing experiences that I will never forget and the friendships
I made will last a lifetime!!!!
Love you Sclomps!


No comments: