Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My mini Me


Last night I offered to babysit for some friends of ours so that they could go on a date for Valentines Day. Ben has class every Tuesday night so we knew we would not be spending V-Day together and I thought it would be fun to hang out with 2 cute kids. The oldest is 3 and she is so cute and funny and LOUD! Her dad calls her Squeeky and was apologizing to me at how loud she was. LOL. I just giggle and told him I was/am the exact same way and that my dad still calls me Squawky. During the night I noticed more similarities between me and this little girl. She loved Cinderella and said it was her only favorite princess (SAME) She is very outgoing and social (same) and she asks A LOT OF QUESTIONS during movies. (SAME) Ben and I always laugh about how I ask so many questions during movies right before they will be answered. He gets very frustrated w/ me. So last night after I made cupcakes with the kids we watched Tangled. Here is a following conversation between me and this little girl we shall call A.
 A- Kalie, why is  he tied up?
Me- The old mean lady tied him up so that he cant follow her and Repunzle
A- Why?
me- Because he would take her away
A- well why doesnt he just get out of the chains
me- He is not strong enough
A- Oh ok............
A- Is the mean old lady going to hurt her?
me- A havnt you seen this movie?
A- Yes, but I dont remember
me-ok well lets just watch the movie
A- ok
A- Her hair turned brown because he cut it huh!
me- yes
A- Why did she turn to dust?
me- Because the magic hair got cut
A- How was the hair magic?
me- There was a magic flower in medicine that healed Repunzls mommy when she was pregnant and sick.
A- why was she sick?
me- She just was
A- oh ....ok
(SHUT UP KALIE!) is what Ben is usually always thinking when I am guilty of doing the same thing this 3 year old is doing. Hahaha. I texted Ben and was like "if you think I ask a lot of questions, you should watch a movie with A."
It was a really fun night and a good Valentines Day...plus I came home to these....

Thanks Ben!

Hope everyone had a good Valentines Day

No comments: