Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Time for the Big Guns

I talked with my Dr today. We are moving forward with IVF. First consult in a month. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulder. I was getting really sick of IUI's. Yay for moving forward. I am super excited. If all goes according to plan I will start the meds mid march and we will do the egg retrival 6 weeks later. My DR is aweosme and says that I am a perfect candidit for IVF because of my age and how nice my overies respond to meds. (Yay Me!) I just feel like our chances with IVF are  much higher then if we were to continue with IUI's. Actually our chances of getting pregant with IUI's are pretty slim. Like less than 10%. According to my Dr I have a 69% chance of IVF working. I like that much better then 10%. Im still kind of shocked that Im already to the point of IVF, but its also exciting. A new adventure we get to go on that will hopefully lead to a baby(s)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Kalie - What a journey! I have a friend that is going through this whole process right now. She has an embryo ready for implantation by the end of the month providing she responds to the meds appropriately. If you are interested in chatting with her, she would be happy to commiserate - Just let me know and I can get you her email.

I sure hope the best for you in all of this. Good Luck!

NanRomn said...

Best of luck to you and Ben!!!