Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Three Years

Today Ben and I have been married for three years.
In some ways it seems like we have been married much longer. I could not ask
for a better companion. He knows exactly who I am and how to deal w/ all my silly
worries and enjoy me for me! And I definitly enjoy Ben for who he is!
He is my best friend and I am so happy I was able to make him a daddy!
So here is a little review of our first 3 years together.
 
Married January 30th 2010 in the Bountiful Temple
It was a beautiful day and only a little cold taking pics
 
We lived in Idaho for 4 months and I worked at a preschool
and Ben took the LSAT
We then decided to move to Cheyenne while we applied to Law School

We lived in Cheyenne for 6 months. I worked w/ my dad at his Dental
office and Ben applied to law school. We thought we would live in Cheyenne for 1 1/2 years
but we found out about Washburn and how you can start in January. So he applied and got accepted.
I was very sad about  leaving my family because I loved living close to them, but I was excited about
a new adventure.


We moved to Topeka December 2010
It only took me 2 months to not hate Topeka! LOL
We have now been in this house for 2  years and it has been perfect!
I absolutly love Topeka and hope that we end up staying here or at least somewhere
close. I wouldnt mind Kansas City or somewhere in Missouri.
I am already looking at houses in Topeka that I want to live in, so
fingers crossed for Topeka!
 

I started working at a law firm within the first month of living in Topeka.
I loved working there and met one of my best friends Janelle.
We had so much fun working together and she introduced me to some of my other best
friends here in Topeka. I'm glad I had the experiance of working in a law firm
but Im so happy to be a stay at home mommy!

 

Rice came into our family in Feb 2011.
I decided I wanted a dog to fufill my baby hunger. I didnt 'really get permission
from Ben. I mentioned to him I wanted a dog and we talked about it and I begged him and told him
I was getting one. We went to the store and I saw him and fell in love.
Ben said he had to think about it but I didnt want to take my chances of him getting taken.
So the next day after work I went and picked him up.
Ben loves Rice but he still has never let me off the hook for going behind his back to get hiim;
But life without our little pup would be so so so sad!
 
In March 2011 I found out I had PCOS so  the infertility treatments started.
I went on Clomid for 6 months w/ no success.
 
The summer of 2011 was a pretty good one! We went to San Fransisco with my family and then
went to Utah for my brothers wedding. Both trips were amazing!

Yay for adding Aubrey to the family!!!!
 
That fall we changed up our fertility treatments and we started
doing IUIs. We did 5 total. Each one leading to a negative prego test and
it was very discouraging.
But we were still happy and keeping our hopes high!
 
2012 was probably my favorite year thus far!!!!
So many exciting things happened!
We decided to do IVF in Febuary and by April we
had 2 of our perfect embryos transfered in me.
 
One of our embryos

Finding out we were pregnant was one of the most wonderful days of my life!
Our little Lily at only 6 weeks
Finding out baby was a girl
The birth of Lily

Lily just turned one month on Monday and she has brought so much joy to
our family!
Even though Ben and I had a hard time getting pregnant, I am so thankful
that we had almost 3 full years of marriage before a baby came into the family.
We had 3 years of growth together and we supported eachother through so much.
I love him so much!
Happy Anniversary Benjamin!!!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

NanRomn said...

Such a happy story! I love you and Ben and Lily!!!

Aubrey said...

This overview of your marriage is the cutest thing i've ever read! I'm so happy you and ben are besties with benefits and happy! :) I just love all of the pics and I'm so happy you have Lily now! I can't wait for all the times to come :)