Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Catching Up

Wow it is really a lot harder blogging when you have a newborn.
So while Lily is content in her swing, I am going to do a quick update.
Lily is now over 2 weeks old. Its so crazy how fast its going.
At first it made me sad to think she is growing, but then I think about all the new fun things I get
to experience with her. She is already out of newborn clothes, yet she still looks so tiny.
She loves to cuddle and sleep in my arms. I put her on my chest before bed and when she is
fast asleep, I sneak her in the bassinet. Well its like she can sense that she is not in my warm arms anymore because she becomes fussy. I try and let her fuss it out a little, but if she starts screaming, I pick her up and rock her back to sleep. After that she goes down nicely and will sleep in her bassinet.
It doesnt bother me because I love to cuddle with her and I'm not to worried about a schedual yet because she is only 2 weeks old. She does what she wants!:)
She is such a mellow baby and hardley cries unless she is hungry. She looks just like Ben and has the cutest little lips ever!
My mom left a week ago and it was so fun having her here and she was a wonderful help!
I miss her!
Ben is an adorable dad. He loves to kiss her and when she is upset he says in the cutest baby voice
"what seems to be the trouble"
And Lily seems enchanted by her dad. Everytime he picks her up she just stares at him with her big blue eyes. They are both precious!
 I;m recovering pretty nicely from the C Section. I just am a little numb still right bellow
my belly button. Its really weird.
I love to take pictures of Lily and I feel like I might be going overboard, but she is just so cute and I cant help it. I just want to capture everything.
So here are some pics of Lilys first 2 weeks.
 
 

Lily and my mom
 
My mom knitted this outfit
 
 
Rice and Lily love eachother
 
 
First bath
 
Enjoying her swing
 
Daddy snuggle time
 
Napping with my girl
 
Jungle Girl
 
Anyway, things are great and I love my little family!
<3

3 comments:

*Alyssa* said...

She is so adorable. I am glad things are going well. Stay healthy and smile all the time.

Jessie and Austin said...

That picture with you and her napping is great :)

Aubrey said...

I LOVE THAT SWEET SWEET GIRL!
You're such a wonderful mommy, and ben is such a wonderful daddy. I can just hear him asking lily "what seems to be the problem?" hahah