Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Got Milk????

CUZ I DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This post is all about adventures of breastfeeding. I promise its not too
graffic! But if you dont really want to read all about the humours of breastfeeding and my milk makers, this is a post you can skip!

I know how you feel!!!


First off...My boobs are HUGE!
I mean I was an A cup before I got pregnant and the minute my milk came in
they turned to Ds. I couldnt fit into any of my bras. It was crazy. They have mellowed out
quite a bit, but they are still pretty big. I LOVE IT!
Its like I got a boob job without the surgery!
I feel like a real woman now. LOL

Secondly, my milk supply is more then plentiful!
My milk came in when Lily was only 1 day old.
It was like all of the sudden I turned into a cow.
The first few days I was overflowing with milk. Even the nurses were amazed at
how much milk was coming out. They even gave me a milk catcher to put on one
boob so that you dont leak when your feeding on the other. Its awesome.
Even though my boobs are not AS big as they were the first few days, the milk supply has
not gone down. I can pump 5 ounces in 5 minutes even after a long feeding.
(yes I have timed it)
I used to pump all the time just to get some of that access milk out, but then I thought maybe
I was training my body to produce more milk. SO I stopped that, but nothing changed.
I'm still a cow!
And poor Lily, if she even moves her mouth a tiny bit, she gets sprayed.
And not just a little spray, I mean my boobs are fountains.
The little babe gets covered!
Its like if we were trying to drink out of a gatorade bottle that had holes pumched all over it.
Its so sad/funny to see her trying to find my boob while milk is getting sprayed all over
her face. She doesnt seem to mind though, she's an easy baby!

Thirdly, when Lily is awake she constantly wants to nurse.
I will feed her forr a long time and then she is content for about 30 minutes and then
wants more. I will hold her and she will start bumping her head up and down with her mouth open
looking for that glorious boob.
Then she only nurses for a couple of minutes before fallling back asleep.
So I figured that it was more a comfort thing. So yesterday we introduced her to the binki
and it has worked like a charm. So instead of putting her back on the boob, I just shove
that wonderful creation in her mouth and she is so content. It is amazing at night too!
I didnt think she would need a pacifier because she likes to suck on her hands/thumb
but she seems to be hooked.

Lastly, I fully enjoy breastfeeding, besides the leaking and being sticky all the time.
Its fun to have Lily so excited to eat and have her look up at me with thosse
big blue eyes as if she is saying
"Thanks mom for this delicious drink!"
YOur welcome sweet girl, your welcome!:)










5 comments:

Sarah said...

Lol I love breast feeding posts :) glad its going well for you! Initially my supply was so overwhelming for Derek I had to get nursing shields (I think that's what they were called). Fun times! Sadly the big boobs do go down a bit after the first 6 wks or so but, at least for me, at that point I no longer leaked and needed breast pads. It was truly a sad day when I stopped nursing all together and my boobs were smaller than before I'd gotten Prego! :)

Unknown said...

I'm nursing as I read this! Haha. You're hilarious! I wish I had your milk supply!

Roseanne said...

Oh I'm so looking forward to all this glorious fun soon :)
That's awesome you have so much milk! I pumped and froze mine. I had 2 freezers full of it, and I had to dump it all out in the garbage when we moved here. So sad to waste it all. :(
Nursing is so great, I'm glad you're having a good experience.

celeste said...

If you have all this extra milk and have a pump, I know there are a lot of hospitals and other organizations that need breast milk and you can donate yours. My friend Melissa did it. If can help those little premie babies, or babies whose mothers don't produce milk or their milk comes in way late (like mine - 6 days with Zo!). Anyway, I've heard these milk banks are running low and it seems like something you might be interested in. Glad things are going well!!

Aubrey said...

haha Kalie i love this! you're so hilarious and so good at writing :) keep up the good work! moooooo!!