Thursday, August 30, 2012

River Trip Mosh Pit

So this event Im about to blog about actually happened at the end of July
but I feel like I only blog about pregnancy stuff because, well thats all thats going on
in my life right now. So story time!
 
Aaron and Aubrey came to Kansas the last week of July to go on
a river trip with me and Ben. We had been planning this trip for months and were
very excited. Ben and his family have gone on several canoe trips in Missouri
and it always sounded so fun. I was excited to kick back and enjoy the scenic
float while I pretended to be Huckleberry Finn!
 
This is what I pictured
 

                                                                        This is what I got!

 
I can not tell you how many people were on this river!
When we first were dropped off with our canoe there were only
a few other people and it was not bad at all, but just
around the bend we started hearing loud music and our
eyes beheld this!
It didnt end. We had to go through a mosh pit of drunks on a raft
for 8 MILES!
Apparantly you are not suposed to go to the river on a weekend and during a droubt.
Several rivers were closed to rafters because the water was to low. So
there was only one river available for these drunken fools!
When I say drunken fools Im not exagerating. There
were bottles and bottles of beer floating down the river along with us.
People in there 60s were smoking and dancing on there rafts.
SAGGY BOOBS everywhere.....My brother and I both saw
this old hag flash her boobs with a guy doing a rasberry on them.
OMG!
And its not like we could just look away because it was EVERYWHERE!
I feel like we were the only ones on the river actually wanting to canoe.
Everyone else just wanted to drink and smoke and yell and throw things and trash the place.
I dont care about people partying and drinking, but dont do it at a scenic river where people
want to enjoy the day. I mean COME ON!
But now we know.
Next time we will go on a weekday instead of the weekend and go later in August when most
the college kids are back at school.
 
Despite the crazy day at the river, we still had a good time. Our motel was right on the river
and it was like  a little resort with a pool, hot tub and resturaunt. The room was
really nice and it was very relaxing. So I plan on going back one day, especially when
our kids are older and can enjoy the water.
It really is a beautiful area with crystal clear water....we just want to
avoid the crazies who I guess are just wanting to have fun in there own way!
Cant judge! LOL
 
 
 
 


No comments: