Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Nursery Sneak Peak

Yesterday started out as just a normal shopping
day with my sister in law. But it ended up to be a
"lets buy all of babies furniture" day
which then eventually led to
"lets make all of babies bedding" night!
We got a crib, changing table, baby dresser and
lots of fabric for the bedding.
My sis in law is an amazing sewer
(I cant even sew on a button) LOL
So we stayed up til 4 in the morning
making the bedding and bumpers. 
The boys put the crib together.
It was so much fun.
I cant beleive I found the perfect fabric I had in mind
for either a baby boy or girl!
My whole nursery is based on my air balloon mobile!
Im so excited.

Lookin good at 4 AM




Before and After



My inspiration


Close UP

It looks kind of feminin in this picture but when
you see it in person it totally could be a baby boys
room and the colors look more pastel in this picture than they actually are.
Plus if it is a boy(98% sure it is)
Im going to paint the walls a bright blue(or green) and I think
it will pull it together.
My mom is also going to stencil the name above
the crib and I think I will bring out the oranges and yellows
of the air balloons in the name.
(plus pics never do justice!)

Im pretty pleased with the outcome of the crib.
I just keep getting more and more excited.
I cant wait to put together all the other furniture
but I think for now the crib is good.










6 comments:

Sarah said...

SO cute! I don't think it's either too girly or too boyish. Yay!

Rebecca said...

Darling! I love it!

Rebecca said...

Darling! I love it!

Brad and Jaclyn said...

It's looking great, Kalie!!! So excited to find out what your having!!! Keep me posted!!!

Josh and Bran said...

That is so cute, well done!!!

Amanda Jeffs said...

great crib! where did you get it?