Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Retirement at 22


This turned into a longer post than I thought it would...
read if you want!:)
Last Wednesday I put my 2 weeks notice in at work.
In one week I will be retired!
(outside of the home that is)
I have several reasons for quiting this early.
For one thing, I always planned on being a stay at
home mom so I knew once I was pregnant my time
at work would be limited to 9ish months.
I have truly enjoyed working at VZZ Law firm and love so many
of my co-workers. My boss was amazing when I went through
IVF. She was so willing to work w/ me when I needed the time off
for the procedure. Which brings me to another reason I quit.
I had no more available time off. Like zip.
I could probably only miss one day of work for being sick
until January(which I would have been gone by then anyway)
I get terrible migrains with this pregnancy so only being able to miss one day of work would not have been sufficiant.
I get migrains at least 3 times a week and already had
to miss work once this week.
So now I have the freedom to lay in bed ALL DAY if I am feeling
sick. Being at work and having to talk to people on the phone every 5 minutes is not good for my headaches.
My next reason sounds kind of silly but its not silly to me.
I have worked every summer since I was 15. The only summer
I had off was when I was in College dating Ben.
But once we were married I was right back into working.
So this summer I want to be able to enjoy my family.
They always do so many fun things and I feel left out.
My brother has never had a job.
I mean I know he went on a mission and is at BYU so I have to
give him credit, but still, every summer he maybe takes
one class but then gets to travel and hang out w/ my family.
SO this summer I get to hang out with my family and do fun
things instead of being stuck in an office.
My mom and aunt and cousins are coming up in 2 weeks and this will
be the first time I can actually spend the whole day doing stuff
with them. Usually I have to leave the whole day while they sit
and entertain themselves. Im so excited to have them all to myself.
At the end of July I am going home to Cheyenne
for our annual Frontier Days. Its a huge Rodeo that lasts for
10 days and there is lots of fun stuff to do.
I am so happy to just be able to go home and relax with my mom and dad and not have to worry about coming back to work.
Than my brother and his wife are coming up to spend a week
with Ben and I.
I also plan on going to cheyenne sometime this fall so
my mom can throw me a baby shower.
I just dont want to miss out on family anymore.
And yes....Ben and I will be fine financially.
I mean we will have to watch our spending but we have student loans
and we knew I wouldnt work anyway when the baby came.
So in the long run Im just cutting working days short by a few
months. But I feel its so important to stay home
with your kids and Im so excited to get prepared for this baby!
I am proud that I have had a job the whole time Ben and I have
been married and it has been so benificial.
Im glad I was able to work for 3 semesters of Bens law school.
I learned so much about Law by working at VZZ and it
was so fun. I am thankful for the job I had and I will miss it!
I will especially miss this gal!


This actually makes me really sad!
I dont know what Im going to do when
I dont see her everyday! I plan on taking
lots of ridiculous photos of myself and sending them to her
throughout the day so that we will be "together":)
Fairwell VZZ!








1 comment:

Brad and Jaclyn said...

Lucky you!!! I'm so glad you get to stay home with your family!! I hope everything works out for you and that you stay healthy for the rest of your pregnancy!!! :)