Monday, May 21, 2012

The Strongest Women

For the past year instead of looking up fun creative things on pintrest I was looking up infertility blogs. It was a comfort to read about someone going through the trials I was facing. The things they wrote in their blogs were things that could have come directly from my mouth. The pain, fear, jealousy and faith were all a common theme. The woman all varied in age with different problems but we all had/have the same goal, to bring a baby into our arms. I would read as they too went through failed treatment after treatment. Each time I would feel the same hurt for them as I did for myself. I saw girls get there first ever possitive pregnancy test and I would become so excited even though I had never met them in my life. I have also seen a lot of loss through these blogs, loss at every stage of the game. My heart breaks for these woman. To go through so much and have it all taken away. SOmetimes I think the universe is just so unfair! Infertilty no matter how old you are, no matter how long you have been married/not married, no matter what your story is, its a life changer.
However there have been many happy endings and I have seen woman go to the other side of infertility.
Im thankful for the journey Ben and I have been on. It makes me appriciate family even more than I did before. It made it even more sweet to see those 2 lines on a pregnancy test. My heart is so full! I hope to all those who are out there still suffering w/ infertility to be able to have there happy endings. They deserve the same happiness I am experiencing right now! I know that when they do become mothers, they will be some of the best!!!!

This song has been on my mind since before I was even pregnant and I think that it goes for woman going through infertility as well.

 Blessed - Elton John

Hey you, you're a child in my head
You haven't walked yet
Your first words have yet to be said
But I swear you'll be blessed

I know you're still just a dream
Your eyes might be green
Or the bluest that I've ever seen
Anyway you'll be blessed

And you, you'll be blessed
You'll have the best
I promise you that
I'll pick a star form the sky
Pull your name from a hat
I promise you that
I promise you that
Promise you that
You'll be blessed

1 comment:

Josh and Bran said...

That's beautiful, thanks for sharing ((hugs))