Friday, January 27, 2012

Princess Snob

Im a Princess snob!

I came home from lunch and Ben was home sick watching Mulan
The first thing I said was "I dont really like Mulan"
He rolled his eyes which made me defend my reasoning.
I dont really like her because she acts like a boy and has short hair.
See I told you, Princess snob.
This all started when I was little.
I only liked the princess that looked like me.

See, Super blonde, only Cinderella would do.
I didnt even have a soft spot for Aurora for some reason.

ANYWAY

I dont really remember watching Beauty and the Beast, Aladin and snow white.
I just didnt like those princesses. I dont really know if it was because of there hair or not.
I did love Cinderella and Ariel(I loved mermaids)
I wish I could go back to my 4 year old self and get to the bottom of why I did not
like these 'other' princesses. I thoroughly enjoy them now.
Well except Snow White...that old movie gives me the creeps.
This brings up another point...Im kind of a Disney Snob too!
I hate old disney. Like Disney from the 40's and 50's. Even when I was little it scared me.
Bellow are pictures of the disney movies that gave me the willies when I was just a wee one.

Fantasia

Alice
Pinoccio
Dumbo
Snow White

Ben and I talk about this a lot because he doesnt understand how I find
these old movies "disturbing"
I just do!
He also always asks what I grew up watching as a kid.
DUh Ben, I have been watching Friends since I was 3.
JUST KIDDING.
There were lots of movies and shows that I liked.
Here is a list of my favorites. Some disney, some are not.
1. Thumbalina
2. Lion King
3. Swan princess
4. Peter Pan
5. Princess and the Goblin
6. Cinderella
7. Little Mermaid
8. Toy Story
9. Land Before time
10. Mary kate and Ashley movies

So just because I didnt like a lot of the princess movies and old Disney,
I still think I had a pretty normal childhood!:)
I just hope my future kids dont like old Disney movies like there daddy!
I hope they cry everytime I turn them on!






8 comments:

Sarah said...

I completely agree! Those Disney movies that you listed are creepy! Although, Beauty and the Beast is my fav, but when I was little I would hide during the wolves scene. Men just don't understand.

BKromney said...

hahaha. I actually really like Beauty and the Beast too...I just dont remember watching it when I was little

Alycia Joy said...

those are VERY creepy movies...i agree. i refuse to watch them

Sarah said...

I'm upset. Don't you DARE turn my nieces and nephews against the old disney movies. Those are the ones I like by far the most. I am very much against this whole post. Very not happy.
But we already knew you and I don't have the same taste in movies. Or me and Michael (Rachel's husband Michael). We have just had to agree to disagree. But I still like you a lot :). At least we like some of the same movies...
But really. If they cry I will not understand them and it will make me very sad. But I'll still love them too.

BKromney said...

hahaha Sarah I was thinking about you when I wrote this and was like "she is ggoing to get mad at me!" hahaha. I just remember talking to you about old disney movies last Christmas. And I promise I will let them watch the movies. I will just plug in my ipod! Ben likes those movies too and he gets mad at me...but Im glad you guys still love me

Jacob Romney said...

Thumbelina sucks. The Swan Princess sucks. The Princess and the Goblin sucks. Mary Kate and Ashley movies suck. Mulan is a great movie. And she's not a princess. Fantasia is creepy, I'll give you that. I think you just need to broaden your horizons.

Sarah said...

No way, Jacob. Those movies are awesome. Yes, there are creepy parts in Fantasia, but I still like it. Except the part with all the little devils. That still freaks me out. And the dinosaur part bores me.

BKromney said...

Thumbalina was my absolute favorite, but I just recently watched it and I kind of thought it was boring. Now my favorite is Beauty and the Beast! I love love love it! ANd I actually want to watch dumbo again. I think I just thought it was sad when I was little so I never wanted to watch it. But I still stand by thinking those movies are scary!