Thursday, December 29, 2011

Short But Sweet!

Christmas with my family this year was so fun! It was short but sweet full of lots of laughs.
Highlights of the trips included:

1. Spending Christmas Eve day with the twins
(Aubrey and Aaron)
running around finding last minute presents
and taking a picture with santa
(I bet you guys know what I asked for Christmas from him;))

2. Playing games with the family Christmas Eve
eating yummy clam chowder

3. Aubrey having to sing a christmas song with crackers
in her mouth as punishment for losing ultimate bingo

4. Watching my mom run around the house in the snow
singing Christmas songs as her punishment for losing Toss Up

5. Ben being forced to have a makeover as his
punishment for losing Jenga

6. Watching A Christmas Carol in our Forever Lazy smurf outfits.

7. Christmas morning talking to Jesse in South Africa

8. Opening Presents

9. Watching Ben and Aaron run around shooting eachother
with their nurf guns they both got for Christmas.

10. Doing Nails w/ Aubrey and my mom

I wish we could have had more time but it was still lots of fun!


Me and Ben


Aarona nd his fake tatoo he got as a prize for winning a game

Ben getting a nice makeover

Christmas Eve Presents

The Smurf family


I just love my house

Oh and one more thing.....
On Monday Aubrey and I were having so much fun and didnt want the trip to end.
We were talking about maybe having her and Aaron fly out during the Sring time.
So we were busy thinking of ideas for the Spring when all of the sudden Aubrey mentioned
just coming w/ us back to Topeka since they dont have to be back to Utah for another week.
It was a brilliant idea. So we decided we would suprise the boys and not tell them until
we were on the road. Aubrey packed her and Aarons stuff and we snuck it in the car.
My parents were in on the idea and helped distract the boys while we got everything together.
Once packed we said our goodbyes to my parents, loaded in the car and headed towards the airport.
I waved at the house and said my goodbyes. Aaron waved at the house and said
"see ya in a few hours"
It was perfect timing to spill the beans.
"NO your not actually because your coming to Kansas"
At first he didnt believe us until we showed him the suitcase.
Both Aaron and Ben were so excited because they still has so many games and so many
shows to watch and Aaron was getting bored at the house so he was happy to go on a vacation.
Aubrey and I were proud of our sneakiness!
So Aaron and Aubrey are with us in Topeka right now and will leave after New Years.
I am so happy they got to come, even though I miss my mom and dad still.
All in all it was a great vacation and wonderful Christmas

                                                          

No comments: