Friday, October 21, 2011

My Favorite Brown Eyed Beauty

My cute, amazing cousin Abby is in town visiting Ben and I for the week. We have planned this for several months and it has been so fun! This blog post is deticated to her because I just love her so much!!!!
 So my story goes way back before this beauty was  born. My mom and my Aunt Barb both married into the Luddington family and were best friends. They did everything together and they knew they would have kids at the same time and raise them to be close. Sure enough they had kids one after another. My brother came first, 6 months later came Ashely then a year later came me, 10  months later came Stephan, and one year after that came Jesse. We were known by all the other family members as the Evil Five. Which we were!
Well I was always the outcast. Aaron was besties w/ Stephan and Jesse was besties w/ Ashley and I was the picked on one. My mom and Aunt went on trips w/ us all the time and I would find myself crying because the other kids were so mean to me! When I was 4 they pushed me down the stairs...seriously they were horrible!
Now my mom always knew she was done w/ kids after Jesse was born, but one night when Jesse was just a little thing she had a dream about a little baby girl who had big brown eyes and curly black hair. She was holding her and it was almost like she knew it wasnt her daughter but still had this amazing bond. She wrote about the dream in her journal. Well a few months later my Aunt Barb told her she knew she could not have anymore biological children and was thinking about adoption. My mom instantly said INDIA. So a few years went by and when I was 7 years old Abby came into our family.  She had big brown eyes and curly hair.
I just loved her so much and from that moment on trips were no longer unbarable. Two years later they adopted Ashton and he is such a funny kid.  Even though we lived in 2 different states growing up we still saw eachother all the time. Thanksgiving we would go to Utah and for Christmas they would come to Wyoming. We always went on trips together over our Spring Breaks and spent most of our summers playing in our grandparents pool. Our moms did raise us to be very close, they practicly raised us together!
Abby is now 14 and one of my best friends ever! She will always be more like a sister to me!  

      
                                            

                                                    Abby and her Telitubby(Im holding her)


Stephan, Aaron, Jesse , me, Ashley and Abby



Mexico 2003 and Devils Tower 2008


She sure grew up pretty darn fast!


She was my maid of honor


She really is only 14, Im not fooling you. She just looks 18!!!





1 comment:

NanRomn said...

How wonderful to have such a great bond! You both are truly blessed.