Friday, September 30, 2011

My "Healthy Diet"

So now that I am undergoing treatments and taking a ton of medicine (I feel like a lab rat)my Dr told me  I should cut back on the sugars and salts. Well thats like telling a pack-a-day smoker to limit themslelves to one smoke a day. I mean I am not a complete junky, I eat good dinners and occasionaly will eat an apple, but I do prefer a bag of hot cheetos over a bag of carrots. And I definitly prefer coke over water. I know this is a problem! So when we left the Dr office I swore that I would eat only healthy foods and excersise more. Well my doctors visit was 1 1/2 weeks ago and as of right now I am eating a Sausage Egg Muffin from McDonals and sipping on a coke. I really have no self discipline!
But in my defense I was sick all week and couldnt eat salty foods anyway because it hurt my throat, AND I had a water bottle that I refilled at least 30 times.  And last week I went and excersised(however I got sick right after so I totally blame that for bringing on my flu) I also ate a banana and it made me throw up! I just think my body doesnt like healthy things. LOL. I really am trying though. I eat salads and veggies and even though the isle of junk food at the store seduces me, I try my best to walk right on by! I also keep track in my head of the junk I eat during the day, so that I can balance it out w/ healthy things. So today because I just ate something full of calories and salt, for lunch I am going to eat something light and salt free(or at least way less salty) And this weekend we are going to Odessa and my mom in law always has healthy yummy dinners and snacks.

I know that in my pursuit to be mom I really do need to keep myself as healthy as I can so that I can give my baby the nutrients it needs. Plus when my kids are little I want to set a good example for them. Now dont get me wrong I will definitly be a mom that gives her kids yummy treats, but I want them to have a love for healthy foods as well. Maybe they will have a natural craving for them like Ben does and maybe, just maybe one day I will actually crave oranges over cheez-its.                                  

3 comments:

Brad and Jaclyn said...

That's awesome Kalie!!! I hope you can sick with it. I definitely have a sweet tooth and have a hard time staying away from the chocolate and candy!! Good luck! :)

*Alyssa* said...

That is awesome Kalie!! I wish you luck!! I miss you and I hope that you have success! :)

Clinton and Danielle said...

Totally LOVED this post. I think it is something all women (whether they be skinny or not) struggle with. Our bodies love the "bad" stuff, and it's totally fine to have, as long as it's not more than the good stuff. :)
You can do it! Don't punish yourself for the slip ups, just try again at your next meal to eat a better choice. Enjoy the good food and savor the better tasting food.
Love your blog by the way. How did you find mine?