Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Best friend, Sister and Mom all wraped up in One

I have always wanted a sister! Ever since I was little I would imagine a smaller version of me running around the house and I would ask my mom why I was stuck in the middle of 2 boys without another girl. I even went as far as forcing Jesse to dress up with me and be my sister "Wendy" for the day. I would see my friends who had sisters and would watch the bond they shared with eachother and I would feel bad for myself that I didnt have that. Jesse and Aaron are best friends and are always together and as much as I love them and have a blast with them, they have this special brotherly bond that I just do not share with them. However as I have gotten older I have realized that I really did have a sister growing up. My mom and me share a bond that feels more sisterlike then anything. We fight like sisters, laugh like sisters and talk like sisters. In Jr high I didnt want to go out with friends, I only wanted to hang out with my mom. We bonded over Americas Next Top Model, thrift stores and Coca cola. We were the women of the house and loved when the boys would go hunting and we had the house all to ourselves. We would have slumber parties in her room and talk all night. I look back now and realize that if I had a sister maybe the bond I share would not be as strong, I would have had to share her. I mean I share her with my brothers but they dont count because there boys and there is just something about moms and there daughters. We are so much alike and have a special intuition about eachother. We know exactly what the other one is thinking. I just love her to pieces and am so thankful I was blessed to be her daughter!


Same Smile and eyes




                                                                           She is always sending me goofy photos                               


I just think she is beautiful and full of life!




I want a daughter so bad so I can have the same relationship 
with her as I do with my mom!

Thanks mom for being the sister I never had!!!;)

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

awww, how sweet. i love your mom, too. ps. is that a gun in the pocket of the seat in the last photo? too funny!!