Monday, February 7, 2011

Our first Year

Well Ben and I have been married for a year and its been great! I literally dont know what I would do without him!Its funny because I still have a crush on him! I saw some pics of him in high school and I was like "hm I would definitly have been crushing on him back then" Even though I was 13 when he graduated high school!;) haha In the past year we have moved 3 times and each time its been amazing. We got to spend a few months in Idaho with all our college friends and then 6 precious months in Cheyenne. I loved living in Cheyenne because we were only 5 minutes away from my family! I was so happy to be able to see them whenever I wanted to. I also LOVED working with my dad! But Ben and I knew we would not be able to stay there for long. Ben just HAD to go to Law school and uproot me again. But I am so glad we are in Kansas now. Ben had applied to many different law shcools and we were thinking we would have to wait until next semptember. But then he heard about Washburn and how he could start in January. He loves the mid west(as do I ) and its only 45 minutes away from his homestate of missouri! SO he applied and was one of the 25 accepted in the Spring Start Program. We had to decide whether to forgo all the other schools and go to Washburn or pass up Washburn and see what other schools he was accepted to. We felt right about Washburn so packed up and moved 10 hours away. We love it here and I tell Ben everyday that I want to make this our perminate location! I love the trees and the rolling hills and the climate! NO WIND! haha(well sometimes there is wind but nothing like Wyoming!) But I honestly love Topeka so its pretty likely we will be here for a long time. But ya never know where the winds will blow you...I could end up in Oz! I am thankful for the year we have had and I have made some wonderful memories so far! There are lots of people I miss but there are lots of new people appearing in my life and Im so excited for our whole new adventure!         
                                                         HIGHLIGHTS OF THE YEAR!


We got hitched Jan 30 2010


This was technically before we were married
but James and Taylor were our best friends
in College and we dated at the same time. They just
got married in December. We miss them!


I loved spending the summer with the boys! It
was so fun to see Ben bond with Aaron and Jesse




MALLORY! I love this girl!
Mallory and Jesse dated for a year. she became one of my
best friends and even more like a sister! I miss her!

Our townhouse in Topeka! My favorite place we
have lived in so far

                                                                  

                                                  I loved every minute spent with my fam! Miss them!
                                  
                                                                 My sister in Law is only 45 min away!;)
                                                         Even more Romneys only 30 min beyond KC!



                                   





2 comments:

Jen R. said...

I feel sooooo special! It doesnt even say anything about Jared and the kids...JUST ME!!!! Seriously since adelyn was born it's always about her! :) So glad you made a blog. Next time we're together I'll help show you how to do everything fancy. Or if you have any questions call me.

Sarah said...

yay for blogging! i am excited to read your blog. keep it posted with all the fun things you guys do. happy blogging to you!