Monday, February 21, 2011

Little Miss Martha Stewart



My Oasis!
So for the past 2 1/2 weeks I have been busy with my painting project. I have always wanted to have painted walls but my mom was all for white. So when we got our townhouse that was one of the first things on my to do list. I got the samples and paint and pretty much just dove right in. This is my first time ever painting on something that is not paper and let me tell you it was lots of work. But Lots of fun! I wanted to accent walls becasue painting all the walls would have killed me! The only downer of this huge project of mine was that I work every day until 5 so by the time I got home the daylight was ending and it would be to dark  to paint. I only had Saturdays to work....well every weekend Ben and I ended up going to Missouri. So I had only one full Saturday(the first day I started) So after work while I still had some daylight I would get straight to buisness. Poor Ben had to come home to Paint fumes with no dinner waiting for him. Not so Martha Stewart of me!;) He was so pacient with the consistant mess my project brought on. But when all is said and done Im so glad I did it. It was very soothing. However, when we upgrade later on in life  and we have lots of walls to paint I think I will be hiring someone to do it for me(unless I have more hands to help me!) But I am very proud of my first paint job!

Before

AFTER
 (the walls are tan
not Yellow)
I have always wanted
green walls in my kitchen

Our new T.V stand
 
Look'n good after an 8 hr work day;)


3 comments:

NanRomn said...

Great job, Kalie! It looks wonderful.

The Romneys said...

Kalie, the paint job looks great! I'm excited to come see it in person sometime. :)

Brad and Jaclyn said...

That's awesome Kalie!!!! It looks great! I would be too scared to do something like that!! I'm not that talented!! Way to be!!