Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Birthday Weekend

Jen, Celeste and I have birthdays very close together, (Celeste and me have the same B-day, Jens in is the 7th.) So to celebrate we went shopping at the Plaza with Nancy. It was a beautiful day!

My new favorite season is Spring!

We then went to Olive Garden for dinner.
(Thank you so much Lorenzo and Nancy!)
 

After dinner we went to the park to have
cake. Its so much fun having birthdays close w/ my sis in laws!
It was a perfect Saturday and Perfect B-Day celebration!

Well Yesterday was my actual B-Day and I had to work
but it was beautiful outside and I just felt happy.
My day got even brighter when my friend showed up with
her little kids holding flowers for me(see bellow) They
are so pretty and I looked at them all day.

                                    

So now onto my Birthday Present.....when Ben proposed to me he was one week away from graduating and things were so crazy and we just did not want to go into debt with a ring. So we got a Moisanite instead of a diamond. Now a moisanite is not a CZ. Its a total different stone found in meteors. I was very happy with my ring and I was so excited about getting married. Well for our wedding band I did a ring wrap that had diamonds on the corner, and when the 2 were put together I could see a difference between the stones and they didnt match.  I was always looking down and my ring and noticing that the Moissanite had a different shade of color than the diamonds. It was driving me crazy! haha (call me a brat if you want, but when you wear one ring everyday you kind of want it to be perfect!) But dont get me wrong I loved my ring! I knew one day I wanted a diamond becasue A DIAMOND IS A GIRLS BEST FRIEND!!!! Well it came sooner then I thought it would. There was a diamond sale going on during taxes (hello tax return!;) So I got my diamond! The Jeweller put my moissanite in a pendate so that I could still wear it! I was so happy because it looked so pretty as a necklace. Now I can still have the sentamental value of the moissanite, just on my neck  Ben is off the hook for presents for awhile!Im glad he likes jewelry!!!       
                                                               
My Diamond and Moissanite
                                                         
Close up shot! I feel like I am newly
engaged showing off my rock!:)
                                              
                                                              
This is my present from my sis in law Jen. She was getting
rid of it and I jumped in to take it off her hands. It is our new
 china cabnet. Thanks Jen, I love it!!!!
       
                                                         
                     It was a very good 21st birthday! I am now legal to drink...
                                    I will still have to settle for grape juice!;)


                                               
                                      





2 comments:

NanRomn said...

It was so much fun shopping with my wonderful daughters-in-law--how can one mother-in-law be so lucky? (We missed you, Julie.)

I'm glad you had such a great birthday!

Amanda Jeffs said...

beautiful china cabinet!